About Me and Why I Do What I Do
THANK YOU for showing up to my page today (and for showing up for life).
Over the past two years, I have spoken to thousands of teenagers about college, pursuing their dreams, various careers, and even how I went about figuring out what my career path should be after ten years in the Hospitality Industry. There is nothing that fires me up more than engaging with a room full of high school students who are eager to learn and listen and excited about their future.
Over this time, I have learned a lot about high school students and become extremely passionate about changing the way they learn how to use the internet. I’m not looking to create a fun tool or gadget. I’m looking to create a revolution.
While 80% of teens are on social media, very few of them know how to present themselves or leverage the internet for the incredible opportunity it offers all of us to build mutually beneficial relationships, learn, and expand our potential for future opportunities.
ASK YOURSELF (or have your teenager ask themselves)
Would I want my: Parents/ future Employer/ current Employer/ future Kids/ Coach/ Teachers to see what I am posting on the Internet? If the answer is anything but “YES”, you need to put serious effort into developing your web presence and image.
Additionally: Let’s stop calling it SOCIAL MEDIA. It’s just the INTERNET. My website isn’t a social media site. If you comment, though, it may show up in search results when people search your name. My point is this: ANY time you put content (comment on a post, Like a page on Facebook, RSVP to an Event, etc.) on the web, you are creating your DIGITAL LEGACY. Whether you like it or not. It’s simply up to you to learn how to use it to your advantage rather than against you.
Why I Want to Help You
I’ve been fascinated with “Social Media” since it existed. I was even in charge of our SM and Marketing when I worked for a restaurant company in Atlanta five years ago, and helped Pear Transportation Company with theirs four years ago. It took me four years to learn some best practices, and I still spend time learning every day. There is a disconnect in our school system. Many times, students are ahead of the teachers in their knowledge, so the teachers can’t help them, but they also don’t have enough experience or knowledge or time to learn how to do it right. That’s where I come in.
What I Do
- Work with Adults and Teenagers
- Provide a free consultation to determine your specific individual needs and how I can help you or your teen
- Provide packages in the form of number of sessions as well as an option for a one-month social monitoring, where I can follow your activity more closely and provide honest suggestions and constructive criticism.
- Live the core values of my life: Act with Integrity & Honesty, Laugh+Smile+Have Fun, Communicate Openly & Respectfully, Think before Speaking, Act Intentionally, & my #1: Be & Get Others Fired Up!
- Practice my Mission Statement: Help People Find their Passion & Teach Them How to Leverage Technology to Connect with Others. Inspire Others to Be Relentless in Pursuit of their Dreams, and to Persist Without Exception.
What I DON’T Do
- Meet with any one student under the age of 18 without another adult present.
- Give any person college advice. I love my job as a college rep and this would be a major conflict of interest. I support whatever college decision you make, but can’t advise you on that topic. I know some people who can, though, and would be happy to introduce you.
Who Can I Help?
- Anyone who is currently using the internet. If you still aren’t convinced, here are some more:
- Teens who have a future goal in mind, who want to know how they can connect with others using the internet.
- Teens who do not have a future goal in mind but want to figure it out and then use the Internet to help them.
- Teens who use Social Media. For example, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, YouTube, a blogging platform, Ask, Quora, etc.
- Parents who are concerned about their child’s activity online but don’t have the time or knowledge to feel confident that they are doing it right.
- Adults who want help and are willing to learn.
Most Popular Topics of Interest
Your Personal Brand
Creating Your Legacy
Learning the Twitterverse: Twitter 101: View a free video on this topic from October 2013 that I hosted here: Learning the Twitterverse
How to Build Your “Lists”or PLN’s – Personal Learning Networks
Engaging with Others
Why It Doesn’t Make a Difference How Many Followers You Have
Connecting with People – What To Do and What Not To Do
How to Add Value to Other People – And Why It Matters
Safety, Privacy, and Protecting Yourself
I get to live my dream every day. My goal is to help YOU live yours.
CONTACT ME by filling in this form. I will reply ASAP.